The Birthday parties we throw for our kids can become some of their most cherished childhood memories. The memories are forever, even if the party is just of a few hours. Sometimes a theme can make a birthday party extra fun and exciting for kids. The first thing you need to do is decide on a theme. Deciding on a theme first can make it much easier for you to plan the other party details.
Most of the time your child will probably choose the theme for you. But if not, make sure that you look at our extensive list of characters, and themed bounce houses to help with your decision. If the theme is not a surprise, then getting the help of the birthday boy or girl may be a good idea. It will make the party planning more meaningful for them because they will feel like they are part of the decisions. It will make the planning fun for both of you. Here are some tips that will help you in choosing a great theme for your kid’s party.
Tips for a Great Theme –
- What are your child’s interests? – When choosing the birthday theme, consider the things your child really loves and what your child is passionate about. For example if your child loves to paint or draw, then an art theme might be appropriate. If your child loves batman more than anything in the world, then a batman theme would be a great idea.
- Research for new and creative themes- If you want to have a unique theme just hop on the internet and look at all the unique themed party characters that All in Fun has to offer. You can also research what is popular with kids of that age group right now. Pinterest is also a great place to find great birthday party themes.
- What is your kids favorite color – Color is important because it can lead you to a fabulous theme. For example, if red is your child’s favorite color, then you can go with theme like spider man and if pink is your child’s favorite color then don’t hesitate for going with a Barbie doll or fairy theme.
- Gender and age of child – The most important factors you have to consider when deciding on a theme for your party are gender and age. Obviously age matters. There is a huge difference in the interests of a 3 year old and a 10 year old. Make sure you are up to date on what their latest interests are because it can change dramatically from one month to the next. Your little girl might be into Barbie’s one minute and superman the next!
- Consider the season– You can also do a seasonal theme. For example, if your kid’s birthday party is in summer, then you can have beach party theme and if it is in spring then you can have a garden party theme. If it is in October you might want to do a Halloween theme. The possibilities are endless. When you put time and thought into your kids birthday there is no doubt that it will be a memorable experience for the whole family.